Wow, have I seriously not updated my writing portfolio since last year? My bad!
My only excuse: I’ve been busy.
But, of course, I’ve been writing, too. And I’ve done some work I’m pretty proud of.
For example, on the OptinMonster blog, I wrote long guides to growth hacking and content marketing. And my SEO guide was one of the biggest, most in-depth I’d written in a while, weighing in at around 8,000 words.
In terms of ghostwriting, I’ve done ebooks on content marketing, and lead magnets about lead generation.
Here’s a roundup of all the bylined work I’ve done this year. (NB: Some OptinMonster articles may have been updated by different writers since I wrote them).
OptinMonster – SEO
- SEO For Lead Generation: How To Attract More Organic Leads
- The 10 Essential SEO Ranking Factors to Dominate Search in 2018
- The Ultimate SEO Audit: Find and Fix the Issues That Are Tanking Your Traffic
- The Ultimate Guide to SEO Link Building: Expert Techniques & Tools
- Social Media and SEO: Do Social Shares Really Matter for Ranking?
- White Hat vs. Black Hat SEO: How to Be a Search Engine Hero
- The DIY Mobile SEO Guide: How to Be Mobile-First in 2018
- SEO Made Simple: Where & How To Use Keywords in Your Content
- SEO Made Easy – Ultimate Guide to Explode Your Traffic In 2018
OptinMonster – Content Marketing
- How to Create a Successful Content Marketing Strategy in 11 Simple Steps
- The Ultimate Guide to an Effective Guest Blogging Strategy in 2018
- 45 Best Content Curation Tools For Fail-Proof Marketing Automation
- 25 Clever Content Marketing Examples with Amazing Results
- 15 Content Formats Proven to Boost Audience Engagement
- 51 Best Free Visual Content Creation Tools To Make Marketing Easy
- 45 Insanely Useful Content Marketing Tools To Skyrocket Engagement
- 85 Fascinating Content Marketing Statistics To Make You A Marketing Genius
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Content Marketing in 2018
OptinMonster – Growth Hacking
- The 11 Best Growth Hacking Strategies to Skyrocket Your User Base
- 28 Best Growth Hacking Tools for Marketers [Most Are FREE]
- 23 Proven Growth Hacking Examples You Can Steal to Gain Traction
- The Ultimate Guide to Growth Hacking for Exponential Success (2018)
OptinMonster – Ecommerce
- 20 Pricing Page Best Practices That Will Increase Your Sales
- How to Boost Your eCommerce Revenue With an In-Cart Upsell Popup
- 14 Abandoned Cart Email Examples Proven to Boost Revenue
- Checkout Page Optimization: 22 Best Ways to Recover Lost Sales
- The Ultimate eCommerce Optimization Guide: 13 Steps to Instantly Boost Revenue
- 28 Powerful Ecommerce Personalization Tools to Boost Your Sales
- How To 2X Your Sales With eCommerce Personalization [Ultimate Guide]
- 15 Easy eCommerce Lead Generation Tips To Explode Your Sales
OptinMonster – Email Marketing
- 14 Email Marketing Mistakes You Need to Avoid
- Double Opt-In vs. Single Opt-In: Which Is Better for Conversions?
- How to Split Test Email Campaigns the RIGHT Way [Ultimate Guide]
Other OptinMonster Articles
- 16 Clever FOMO Marketing Examples to Boost Your Sales
- 11 A/B Testing Best Practices to Boost Your Leads and Subscribers
- How to Create an Announcement Bar in Shopify to Boost Sales
- How to Create a MailChimp Shopify Signup Form That Converts Like Crazy
- How to Use OptinMonster: Grow Your List With This Simple Campaign
- How to Create a Custom AWeber Popup to Explode Your Email List
- How to Increase Your Mobile Conversion Rate (19 Proven Methods)
- What Is Conversion Rate Optimization? Complete Beginner’s Guide
- How to Create an Exit Popup on Shopify (Step by Step)
- Popup Design Inspiration: 10 Beautiful and High-Converting Email Popups
- 13 Creative Hello Bar Examples Proven To Boost Conversions
- How to Create a Sales Countdown Timer in Shopify (Step by Step)
- How To Engage Mobile Visitors By Showing A Popup After Inactivity
- How to Trigger a WordPress Popup Form On Click (Step by Step)
- How to Open a Lightbox Popup From a WordPress Menu Custom Link
- 22 Stunning Sales Promotion Examples to Win More Customers
- How to Create a “Welcome Back” Website Popup for Returning Visitors
- 36 Best Lead Generation Tools To Get More Targeted Leads
- 18 Stunning Examples of Above the Fold Content to Hook Your Visitors
As you can see, I spent the bulk of my time writing for OptinMonster. However, I still found time to write a few more articles for others.
- eCommerce cart abandonment demystified
- Why pushing for the sale may cost you business
- The complete guide to eCommerce email marketing conversions
- How to Make an Ebook in 5 Steps Without Breaking a Sweat
- 7 Reasons You Should Publish Your Podcast Show Notes
- 4 Surprising and Effective Ways to Get Leads for Your Business
- What’s Next in Social Media for Small Businesses
- 7 Tips on How to Write Headlines for Emails That People Will Open
- Email Your Way to More Holiday Sales With These 5 Strategies
- How to Gain More Engagement on Social Media in 5 Minutes a Day
- The Day a Monkey Took Out the Internet, or How to Deal With a Deadline Disaster
- How I Land High-Paying Clients Without Pitching
- No Freelancer is an Island
- How to Avoid the Fake Experts Who Manipulate Freelancers
I’ve been a podcast guest:
(Act-On’s Rethink podcast)
- Building Your Twitter Following For Lead Generation (Act-On’s Rethink podcast)
- MissingLettr’s Master of Letters Episode 2
I also took part in a few roundups:
- 61 Effective CRO Tips to Increase the Conversion Rate of a Website
- 27 Social Media Pros Share Their Best Twitter Tips
- 17 Happy Bloggers Share Their Best Tips To Boost Your Energy and Feel Less Tired
And was included in The Weekly Measure and Best of Quuu #79. One of my old webinars was also the basis for this article: 7 tricks for writing internal copy they’ll actually read.
Well, that’s it! I’ll be updating this writing portfolio in the coming months so it shows all the bylined work I’ve done this year.