Why I Do What I Do
For me writing for a living is not just about earning money – though of course I want to get paid. It’s about empowering others to achieve success by passing on the knowledge I gain. It’s about motivating people to discover and use the talents they already have. It’s about finding and sharing the one piece of information that will help the people I work with take the next step along the path to growth.
My vision is a world where small business owners have the skills to tell their stories and communicate their purpose in the most appealing and honest way so they can work with the right customers, boost their profits and grow their business.
My mission is to help small business owners, online entrepreneurs, solo bloggers and group blogs grow their authority, profits and business by creating well-written, well-researched and accurate web content.
What I Want to be Known For
When we have finished working together, I want you to say:
Working with Sharon was fun. She delivered high quality writing on time which helped me to grow my business. (See what others have said.)
My business values are:
- Building relationships not just collecting checks – I tend to work with clients for years at a time.
- Clear communication – after all; that’s why I’m a writer. 😉
- Being a polymath – acquiring and sharing knowledge in multiple areas for constant growth
- Working collaboratively – we achieve more when we work together
- Telling your story in your voice
- Delivering quality writing always – otherwise, what’s the point?
- Meeting deadlines – I haven’t missed one yet!
- No BS – honesty about project status and what we can achieve BUT
- Daring to dream and a can-do attitude – thinking BIG about the possibilities for expanded reach
- Dedication, responsibility and fun – with me, all of these go together.
What does this mean for you? Here are some of the things I do for my clients:
- I help my clients build authority with well written and well researched content in their niche.
- I create content they can sell to boost profitability.
- I help them increase search engine visibility for their site with advice on on-page and off-page optimization.
- I work with them to tell their story in their words via their about pages and other site content.
- I inform them about social media and web apps so that they can use those tools effectively to grow their networks.
- I help them improve their social media presence by setting up accounts and strategizing about content.
- I set up and run WordPress sites so small biz owners don’t have to bother with technical details.
- I empower others with the knowledge on writing, blogging and social media to take the next steps themselves.