I’m a qualified teacher, with an MA in teaching in higher education and five years’ solid experience creating and delivering Journalism courses at Coventry University in the UK. That’s come in handy for some of the training my clients have asked for and my public speaking engagements. Here’s a rundown.
- Student Blogging – how to get started with blogging as a student and why you should – February 2017
- Content Marketing: The Power of Words to Increase Business Profitability (view slides) – 20 minute educational talk for a business networking organization – November 2016
- Writing for the Web – an ebook created from a 2 hour workshop for people new to online writing.
- Writing Reports and Project Documents – originally a 4-hour 1 on 1 training session, this is now available on Slideshare.
- How to Write a Research Paper – presentation resulting from a 2 hour training session for a new PhD student
- Employees: The most important audience you’ll ever write for. – a 90 minute webinar for Ragan Training.
- Hacking Creativity – How to Find and Act on Inspiration (presentation)
- Academic Writing – Lose the Jargon! (presentation based on a 2 hour 1 on 1 writing workshop)
Contact me if you want to hire me for speaking engagements or training.