Sharon Hurley Hall, Professional Writer & Blogger, Journalist: Resume
To help small businesses and online entrepreneurs grow their authority, business and profits by creating well-written, well-researched and factual content.
- 30 years of professional writing for print and online media in the UK, US, Canada and elsewhere
- Journalist and editor for trade publications covering niches including finance, education, youth work, design technology
- Qualified university educator – specializing in journalism
- Launched business in 2005 offering professional business writing services
- Specialism in writing in-depth guides and white papers.
- Specialty subjects include: marketing, analytics, social media, search engine optimization, business, cloud computing and language
- OptinMonster, Jilt Upsell, Crazy Egg, Tuts+, Growth Lab, Contently, Registry.PRO, Mirasee, Crackerjack Marketing, Smartling, OnePageCRM, Search Engine People, PEX Card
- Financial Times; National Youth Agency; Design and Technology Association (all in the UK)
- IBM, Liberty Mutual, the Content Standard
Recent Writing Projects
- Long form guides to content marketing, SEO and growth hacking on the OptinMonster blog
- Series of in-depth guides for Crazy Egg on analytics and social media topics
- Ghostwriter for white papers on WordPress
- Ghostwriter for email marketing series on business and productivity
- Interviewed customers for major telecom industry company resulting in the creation of articles, blog posts and email newsletter articles
- Certified Optimization & Testing Specialist, Digital Marketer
- Certified Email Marketing Specialist, Digital Marketer
- Certified Content Marketing Specialist, Digital Marketer
- MA – Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- MA – Media and Culture
- BA (Hons) French and Spanish
Contact me to find out how I can meet your content writing needs.